Whether you trying to wrap presents at night so the kids don’t see or cozying up by a fire or lit Christmas tree, this special coffee with gingerbread syrup will keep a smile on your face!
It’s Wednesday!!! Otherwise known as hump day, and the day when most of my kitchen experiments happen or at least I plan them and then when I get home ditch them to watch This Is Us that aired the previous day – I am OBSESSED with the show.
But I digress, Wednesday nights are for congratulating yourself for getting halfway through the week, this is where this wrapping all night special coffee comes in handy, it’s because it has gingerbread syrup! It’s great in a special coffee (aka. booze-spiked coffee) and also excellent in your morning commute coffee – my metro rides have just become a little more joyous and festive!
So today you lovely readers get a twofer: my gingerbread syrup recipe AND my wrapping all night special coffee!
Hope you enjoy!
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. molasses
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground clove
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ⅔ cup freshly brewed coffee
- 1 oz. amaretto
- ½ oz. gingerbread syrup
- ¼ cup milk, frothed
- Chopped almonds to garnish
- Heat all ingredients in a small pot over medium heat, let simmer for 1 minute and cool to room temperature before storing in the fridge.
- In a large mug, mix together the coffee, amaretto and syrup.
- Add the frothed milk on top and garnish with chopped almonds.
Did you make this recipe?
I wanna see your tasty creations!