It put it simply, small batch triple layer skor bars are an indulgence to the third degree. They start with a cookie base that is covered in sweet condensed milk and topped with melted chocolate and skor toffee pieces – this desert wins gold, silver and bronze in the sweet category!
If there were Olympic games for dessert bars these small batch triple layer skor bars would take home a medal in every category. They have a great foundation, a strong silky center and are topped with perfection.
Do you love chocolate chip cookies (or giant chocolate chip cookies)?! Because if you do, you’ll love the base of these triple layer skor bars – it’s literally a chocolate chip cookie without the chocolate chips (save those for the top layer).
You’d think it is some wild concoction of creaminess, but it’s not. It’s simply a half a can of sweetened condensed milk heated over the cookie foundation until golden and bubbly.
No melting chocolate in a separate pot here! To get the third and final layer for these triple layer skor bars, simply cover the condensed milk with chocolate chips and heat in the oven for a few minutes until shiny. Then using an offset spatula or knife smooth the chocolate out into a nice layer and sprinkle with skor toffee bits!
Super simple these skor bars are a standout in any crowd big or small. Stick to a single batch if you want a little sweet something for the week or a small dinner party, or double it up for a larger group. This recipe is sure to please those with a sweet tooth!
Thanks to my boyfriend’s sister, Katie, for giving me the original recipe that inspired these bars!
Hope you enjoy!
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- ¾ cup flour
- 150 ml sweetened condensed milk
- 150 gr semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 112 gr skor toffee bits
- Heat oven to 350F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the sugar and butter.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour until a dough forms.
- Press the dough into a 9 x 9-inch baking dish and bake until golden, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- When done baking, remove from oven and pour and spread the milk into an even layer.
- Return to oven and bake until golden and bubbly, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Return to the oven until the chocolate pieces are melted but haven't lost their shape, about two minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread chocolate in an even layer with a knife or off-set spatula.
- Sprinkle with skor toffee bits and let cool in the fridge until the chocolate has hardened, about an hour.
- Cut into 9 squares and serve.
Did you make this recipe?
I wanna see your tasty creations!
Green links in my posts are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small affiliate commission. Thank you for supporting TBC!