Sometimes you don’t want pasta or are looking for a gluten-free option. Chickpeas beans are a great replacement, especially with garlic and rapini.
In keeping with the bitter greens theme from two weeks ago, this week’s wednesday recipe involves rapini! Rapini is definitely growing in popularity, I’ve seen it as a side for many dishes in various restaurants or as a component to a yummy pasta dish.
I like rapini in anyway shape or form. Like escarole, you can sauté it with some oil and garlic and you will have perfection. However, the other night I thought why not swap out the pasta for some chickpeas? And so, there you go: Rapini and chickpeas! plus chickpeas are part of the legume family and are jam packed with protein – great for meat replacement protein. If you don’t find this recipe enough, add a fried or poached egg(s)!
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1 head of rapini, rinsed and cut up into smaller pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 1 can (19.5oz) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Over medium-high heat, sauté the garlic in the olive oil until fragrant, about 15 seconds.
- Add rapini and cook until wilted, about 3-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chickpeas and heat until warm and serve.
If you feel like this dish isn’t enough food, try adding a fried or poached egg (or eggs!).
Did you make this recipe?
I wanna see your tasty creations!