Fresh flavours of tomatoes, serrano chillies, onion, coriander/cilantro, and lime make this pico de gallo great for chips, fajitas, tacos, and so much more!
Who doesn’t love the fresh flavours of tomato, onion, serrano chillies, lime and coriander?!!! Or is it cilantro???
OMG! Which is it? Are they interchangeable? Have I been using the wrong one? … I think I’m having an internal crisis!
So yes, people interchange them when talking about this parsley-like leaf. However, according to a quick search: coriander refers to the seeds that come from a cilantro plant and cilantro is the fresh or dried leaves and stems… confusing? A little, can you still use them interchangeably? I think so! So heres to coriander!!! (Sorry if I have offended anyone!)
Happy Dipping Tortilla Chips! 🙂
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 Serrano chillies, seeds removed and sliced (less or more depending on heat)
- Handful of coriander, chopped
- Juice of ½ a lime
- Salt and pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, chillies, and coriander.
- Dress with lime juice and add salt and pepper to taste.
Did you make this recipe?
I wanna see your tasty creations!