Packed with delicious green vegetables, this easy green vegetable pasta for two recipe is bursting with flavor thanks to yummy garlic and parmesan cheese. It’s also ready in a few simple steps and makes the perfect weeknight supper – plus leftovers are amazing cold!
Breaking the blogging MIA with this super yummy pasta recipe!!!
I have to say, the process of writing my thesis and its looming due date (which has been brought up two weeks!!!) has me stressed. And for me, stress makes me want ALL the carbs. So, instead of making myself carbonara, a creamy white sauce or tomato sauce pasta, I decided to a healthy-ish (ish because I eat way more than one portion!) pasta. This pasta is loaded with all the green veggies I had in my fridge, and boy was it yummy!
Included in this green vegetable pasta: small zucchini, the kind you can usually buy in a bag at Costco, that I shaved into ribbons with a vegetable peeler, snap peas for a delicious crunch and frozen peas. To be honest, I am not a huge fan of peas. While I eat frozen and fresh peas, I refuse to eat peas from a can – their army green color is a whole lot of wrong in my opinion.
As for the sauce in the recipe? I kept it light: garlic, olive oil (you can add a bit of butter here too if you like), parmesan and to ensure it all melds together: starchy pasta water! Pasta water is honestly a gift from the gods, you need it for a good cacio e pepe, and Carla from Bon Appétit swears that a real fettucini alfredo does not have cream – the creaminess is, you guessed it, cheese and PASTA WATER!
Hope you enjoy the recipe!
- 225 gr gemelli pasta
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 small zucchinis, shaved into ribbons
- 2 cups snap peas
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- ¾ cup pasta water
- Salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and garlic together over medium heat until fragrant and sizzling.
- Add the snap peas and sauté for 1 minute before adding the zucchini and peas.
- Sauté until vegetables are warmed through and almost tender.
- Add the pasta water and parmesan, stirring so that it well combined.
- Add cooked pasta toss to coat everything well with the sauce, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with freshly grated parmesan and ground pepper.
Did you make this recipe?
I wanna see your tasty creations!