The latest breakfast egg trend! Cloud eggs or eggs in clouds are super customizable and so easy to make! Perfect for brunch for one, a couple or many!
YUP. That’s me. Trend follower caught red handed beating egg whites on a Saturday morning after news broke that Cloud Eggs were the latest foodie thing. Not to mention further bona fided by articles written by Bon Appetit, Refinery 29 and even Mashable! ALL stating that they will be the latest instagrammable breakfast.
So are they a new thing? NOPE.
Answers: Nope, not really and yes. You don’t bake the eggs long enough to get that hard texture on the outside like a meringue, they don’t quite taste like puffs of air but more like a really puffy yorkshire, and you definitely will because the recipe is super simple!
Also, not really about cloud eggs…
I am loving these new plates I found at the dollar store! Not to smack down those millennial pink lovers, but as a millennial I think we should have a millennial grey-blue (grlue? should we make it a thing? LOL!).
Hope you enjoy!
- 4 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Preheat oven to 450F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Separate whites and yolks, putting all the whites in a large bowl and the yolks in 4 separate bowls.
- Season the whites with salt and pepper.
- Whip the whites until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon whites into 4 mounds on the baking sheet, making a well in each for the yolk (do not add the yolk yet!).
- Bake for 3 minutes, then add 1 yolk to each well.
- Bake for another 2 minutes to set the yolks. Serve immediately.
Did you make this recipe?
I wanna see your tasty creations!