In 20 minutes and with 5 ingredients this super simple and super flavorful Golden Chickpea Curry with Spinach for two is exactly what you want to be whipping up after a day at work. It is the epitome of a weeknight meal and also great as leftovers.
As I write this blog post, I am sitting on my couch and the condo smells of curry despite my efforts to suck it up with the range fan on high and opening the kitchen window. Don’t get me wrong, it smells DELISH but it gets into everything, and I’m pretty sure other condos or at least the hallway smells of my (very short) kitchen adventure. To my fellow neighbors, I am sorry, but you’re missing out on my dinner and on leftovers!
This 20-minute golden chickpea curry with spinach is the BEST when:
- You don’t really feel like cooking yet you don’t want to see the pizza delivery guy today.
- You’re up for something different yet easy.
- Even if it’s quick to make, you don’t want a kitchen bomb after cooking.
Did you just cry a little after reading that list?
Well, I got something even better: it can be made with just 5 INGREDIENTS!!!
These all-star 5 ingredients are: An onion softened to perfection coated with curry powder (hot or mild) and turmeric. Mixed in with coconut milk that sizzles when it hits the pan, and made hearty with chickpeas. Topped with spinach which wilts beautifully to give a beautiful combination of yellow and green.
Honestly, this simple 20-minute golden chickpea curry with spinach is a beautiful orchestra that engages all the senses while still being perfect for a weeknight meal for two; and if for some reason you’re one tonight, it is great as leftovers!
Hope you enjoy!
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp. curry powder (make sure it is gluten-free)
- ½ tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups spinach
- Salt to taste
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat and soften the onion, about 5 minutes.
- Add curry powder and turmeric and keep sautéing until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Then add coconut milk and chickpeas and let simmer for 10 minutes to warm everything through and to thicken the coconut milk slightly.
- Add spinach and stir until just wilted and serve.
Did you make this recipe?
I wanna see your tasty creations!